26th Annual Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor 5k/10k
I am sorry to announce we have cancelled the 2020 5 & 10 K Cruisin’ the Corridor Race. Given the uncertainty of community spread and the current resurgence as cities re-open, the race committee is in agreement that this is the safest action both for participants, volunteers and Ashland residents.
The annual race is the biggest fundraiser for the Vaughn Library. While we can offer a 50% refund, we would be grateful if you considered your 2020 registration fee a donation to the library and the Ashland Rotary. Please reply to this email with your choice.
Vaughn Library Director
Saturday, October 10, 2020 – start time 8:00 AM
FRIDAY, October 9, 2020
- Packet Pick-Up Packet pick-up will be in the heated festival tent in the Bay Area Civic Center parking lot, 320 4th Ave West Ashland, from 3:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Admission and parking are free. If it is not possible to pick up your packet on Friday, October 9, registered participants may do so in the heated tent in the Bay Area Civic Center parking lot on race day, Saturday, October 10, see the time schedule below.
- WhistleStop Pasta Feed 4:30-8:00 p.m. Meal tickets can be ordered in advance or will be available at the door. Prices are Adults-$13.00; Children 4-12 years of age-$6.50; Children 3 & under-free
- 5-7:00 p.m. Dinner & Conversational Music Performed by “Russ Darwin”
SATURDAY, October 10, 2020
- Late Packet Pick-up in the heated festival tent in the Bay Area Civic Center Parking Lot: 6-7:30 a.m.
- Shuttle Bus Departure (Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
- 7 a.m. for Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m.
- 6:15 a.m. for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30 a.m.
- 6:15 a.m. for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m
Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
- Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K and 10K Begins at 8:00 a.m.
- WhistleStop Half - Marathon Begins at 8:30 a.m.
- WhistleStop Marathon Begins at 8:30 a.m.
Awards Ceremony for Crusin’ the Corridor: 10:30 AM inside the heated tent in the Bay Area Civic Center parking lot.
Awards: Overall male & Female both events and medals to 1st & 2nd place age categories 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Please join us for the 26th Annual Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ The Corridor 5k/10k event held in conjunction with the Whistle Stop Marathon in Ashland, WI.
Enjoy Northern Wisconsin’s beautiful Lake Superior and fall colors with family and friends while you run/walk or cheer for those who are participating.
The Vaughn Library, Ashland Rotary Club and the Ashland Chamber split the proceeds to support library needs and many community service activities in the Ashland and Bayfield County area. The event is made possible with donations and volunteers donating their time. Major Sponsors making this year’s event possible include: Memorial Medical Center, Ashland Audiology, Moores on Main, Northern State Bank, Ringenberg Financial Group, St. Luke’s Chequamegon Clinic and BMO Harris Bank.
Race registration is $30 shirt not included. New this year, if you would like to receive a shirt their is an addition $10 fee.
Trophies are made by local artist Sara Balbin from Cable and custom age class medals will be given to the top 2 winners in each age division.
Help support the Vaughn Library and the Ashland Rotary Club community service by registering to participate in this year’s race.
Registration for the Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor 5k/10k 2020:
- Register online
- Print out registration form and mail
to Cruisin’ the Corridor, PO Box 131, Ashland, WI 54806.
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION for Cruisin’ the Corridor Race.
Questions? Call 715-682-2500 email email@example.com