Registration for the 2023 WhistleStop Marathon/Half-Marathon/5K/10K is now OPEN!
WhistleStop 5K & 10K
Below is information for the 2023 race.
NO FRIDAY NIGHT REGISTRATION, so if you are thinking about participating register NOW!
Race Times Saturday, October 14, 2023
- WhistleStop 5K and 10K Begins at 8AM.
- WhistleStop Half-Marathon 8:30AM
- WhistleStop Full Marathon 8:30AM
Walkers are only allowed for the Half-Marathon/5K/10K but there is no walking division.
NO WALKERS allowed for the FULL MARATHON
2023 WhistleStop 5K/10K Registration Fees:
- $40 + 5.5% tax = $42.20 if postmarked by 04/29/23
- $45 + 5.5% tax = $47.47 if postmarked between 4/30/23-7/06/23
- $50 + 5.5% tax = $52.75 postmarked 7/07/23 until registration closes 10/06/23
2023 REGISTRATION CLOSES October 6, 2023, there is NO FRIDAY OR RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Click here for your registration options.
In 2023 we also have a virtual option for the 5K/10K, registration closes 9/29/2023.
Registrants who register online should receive a confirmation email of your registration from the online company ChronoTrack.
Included with the WhistleStop 5K/10K Registration:
- Complimentary Shuttle From Bay Area Civic Center to Start Line
- Custom Die-Cast Finishers Medal
- The Ultimate 5K/10K Finisher Shirt (sizes not guaranteed)
- Full service Aid Stations and finish line food
FRIDAY, October 13, 2023
- Packet Pick-Up – 12noon – 9PM in the heated festival tent, 320 4th Ave West, Ashland, WI 54806
SATURDAY, October 14, 2023
- Late Packet Pick-up – 6- 7AM in the heated festival tent, 320 4th Ave West, Ashland, WI 54806
- Shuttle Bus Departure (Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
- 7 AM for WhistleStop 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:15 AM from just North of the Associated Bank
- 6:15 AM for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30 AM
- 6:30 AM for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 7:15 AM
Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
- WhistleStop 5K and 10K Begins at 8AM
- WhistleStop Half–Marathon Begins at 8:30 AM
- WhistleStop Marathon Begins at 8:30 AM
Entry fees are not refundable.
The race(s) will only be cancelled due to life threatening conditions (weather, covid, etc.).
The status of the 2023 MMC WhistleStop weekend is subject to change at any time. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic is a still lingering, and we will continue to monitor all updates from the Wisconsin Department of Health and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). If the status of the event changes, we will notify participants via email as soon as possible.
If COVID-19 conditions change and the in-person marathon/half-marathon weekend races are cancelled, registrations for those who registered for the in-person races will automatically be converted to the virtual races and details for reporting finishing times will be emailed to participants. If at that time you choose not to participate in the virtual, we will refund you 50% of your race registration fee. We will not defer registrants to 2024.
All participants in Marathon must be 16 years of age or older and all participants in the Half-Marathon must be 12 years of age or older.
There will be no transfer of numbers allowed.
No automobiles, bicycles, baby joggers, roller skies, inline skates, pets or unofficial participants will be allowed on the race course.
Walking the 5K/10K?
We do not have a walking division for the WhistleStop Marathon/Half-Marathon5K/10K.
Walkers are asked to use racer etiquette, this includes lining up after the runners at the start lines, to stay on the right hand side of the course and please, do not walk three or four abreast on the trail. Make sure you allow runners to pass on the trail.
Registrants will be allowed to switch to the to another race if requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29. If you want to switch to the Half or Full Marathon there is an additional fee that would be due. After September 29 thru October 6 race changes will cost an additional $10.00. NO race changes will be made after October 6th.
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.