26th Annual Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor 5k/10k
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021 RACE IS CLOSED
Due to Covid-19 we capped our races this year.
Due to the caps on the races their will be NO FRIDAY NIGHT REGISTRATION, so if you are thinking about participating register NOW!
The Full Marathon is FULL
The half-marathonis FULL
The 10K in person is FULL
The 5K in person is FULL
This year is so tough because like you, WE would like to do ALL the things we normally do. But because of Covid, we cannot. Our goal this year is to get to the FINISHLINE of the race and hopefully next year back to ALL the other FUN! We want to respect OUR RESIDENTS, all of OUR RUNNERS and all of OUR VOLUNTEERS and will try and do the best job we can to eliminate larger indoor gatherings including tent gatherings. We are just as disappointed as you!
- In-person 5K /10K – capping each race at 150
- Virtual (Virtual information at the bottom of this page)
Saturday, October 9, 2021 – start time 8:00 AM
FRIDAY, October 8, 2021
- Packet Pick-Up – 12noon – 9:00PM at the Vaughn Library, 502 Main St W, Ashland, WI 54806
SATURDAY, October 9, 2021
- Late Packet Pick-up – 6:00AM- 7:00AM at the Vaughn Library, 502 Main St W, Ashland, WI 54806
- Shuttle Bus Departure (Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
- 7 a.m. for Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m. from just North of the Associated Bank
- 6:15 a.m. for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30 a.m.
- 6:15 a.m. for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m.
Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
- Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K and 10K Begins at 8:00 a.m.
- WhistleStop Half – Marathon Begins at 8:30 a.m.
- WhistleStop Marathon Begins at 8:30 a.m.
Awards Ceremony for Crusin’ the Corridor: Following the race (11am) at the Vaughn Library.
In-Person Awards: Overall Male & Female for the In-Person 5k and 10K events and medals to 1st & 2nd place In-Person 5k and 10K age categories 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Please join us for the 26th Annual Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ The Corridor 5k/10k event held in conjunction with the Whistle Stop Marathon in Ashland, WI.
Enjoy Northern Wisconsin’s beautiful Lake Superior and fall colors with family and friends while you run/walk or cheer for those who are participating.
The Vaughn Library, Ashland Rotary Club and the Ashland Chamber split the proceeds to support library programs and many community service activities in the Ashland and Bayfield County area. The event is made possible with donations and volunteers donating their time. Major Sponsors making this year’s event possible include: Memorial Medical Center, Ashland Audiology, Moores on Main, Northern State Bank, Ringenberg Financial Group, St. Luke’s Chequamegon Clinic and BMO Harris Bank.
Race registration is $30 for in person and virtual. In 2021 each participant will receive a race gaiter and a finisher medal with registration.
Trophies are made by local artist Sara Balbin from Cable and custom age class medals will be given to the top 2 winners in each age division.
Help support the Vaughn Library and the Ashland Rotary Club community service by registering to participate in this year’s race.
Registration for the IN-PERSON Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor 5k/10k 2021:IS CLOSED
There is NO FRIDAY OR RACE DAY REGISTRATION for Cruisin’ the Corridor Race.
Entry fees are not refundable.
The race(s) will only be cancelled due to life threatening conditions (weather, covid, etc.).
The status of the 2021 MMC WhistleStop weekend is subject to change at any time. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to monitor all updates from the Wisconsin Department of Health and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). If the status of the event changes, we will notify participants via email as soon as possible.
If COVID-19 conditions don’t improve and the in-person marathon/half-marathon weekend races are cancelled, registrations for those who registered for the in-person races will automatically be converted to the virtual races and details for reporting finishing times will be emailed to participants. If at that time you choose not to participate in the virtual, we will refund you 50% of your race registration fee. We will not defer registrants to 2022.
2021 Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor Virtual Option
The 5K & 10K virtual races are run on your own or with your best running buddy be they human or canine (feline?). Challenge yourself between September 20 – October 8. Post your best time (if you are taking multiple tries to improve your game) on your RaceRoster page. Encourage friends and family to sponsor you and see how great it feels to raise money for the library!
- Virtual registrants are mailed a race gaiter and any additional purchases made at checkout
- Virtual runners are responsible for timing their own race
- Virtual runners can begin running anytime between September 20th and October 8
- Virtual runs must be completed by October 8
Registration for the VIRTUAL Memorial Medical Center Cruisin’ the Corridor 5k/10k 2021: CLOSED
Questions? Call 715-682-2500 email firstname.lastname@example.org