Ashland, WI welcomes runners, families, friends & fans to the 20th Annual Memorial Medical Center WhistleStop.. Festival!!!!!
2017 WhistleStop Event Guide. Inside you will find lots of race information and ads from our local businesses and restaurants to help you plan your weekend.
FRIDAY, October 13, 2017
- Packet Pick-Up Packet pick-up will be at the Bay Area Civic Center, 320 4th Ave West Ashland, from 3:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Admission and parking are free. If it is not possible to pick up your packet on Friday, October 13, registered participants may do so at the Bay Area Civic Center on race day, Saturday, October 14, see the time schedule below.
- WhistleStop Pasta Feed & Lake Superior Fish Boil 4:30-8:00 p.m. All marathon & half-marathon registrants will receive a FREE ticket for their meal. Additional meal tickets will be available at the door or may be ordered in advance for Adults-$13.00; Children 4-12 years of age-$6.50; Children 3 & under-free
- 5-7:00 p.m. Dinner & Conversational Music Performed by “10% Off”
SATURDAY, October 14, 2017
- Late Packet Pick-up at the Bay Area Civic Center 6-7:15a.m. for the Half Marathon, 6-8:00a.m. for the Full Marathon.
- Shuttle Bus Departure (Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
• 6:15 a.m. for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30 a.m.
• 7:00 a.m. for Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m.
• 7:00 a.m. for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 8:00 a.m.
- Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K and 10K Begins at 8:00 a.m.
WhistleStop Half - Marathon Begins at 8:30 a.m.
WhistleStop Marathon Begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Post-race Party Starts with the first finisher with recorded blues music. Then starting at 11a.m. there will be live music from a variety of local bands.
- Awards Ceremonies:
For Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K at 10:30 a.m. inside the Bay Area Civic Center .
For Memorial Medical Center WhistleStop Marathon & Half-Marathon - All Awards at 3:30 p.m. in the heated tent.
- Blues & Brews Festival - 7:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. in the festival tent. (You must be 21 years of age or older to attend this event.)
From 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. listen to the blues music of “Milkbone” while sampling scores of microbrews.
From 10:00 p.m.-12:30 a.m. “PopRocks” take center stage.
Pre-purchased Tickets for the Blues and Brews Fest are $20.00 with the brew sampling and $25.00 at the door. $15.00 without the pre-purchased brew sampling and $20.00 at the door.