Calendar of WhistleStop Events
FRIDAY, October 12, 2018
Packet pick-up will be in the heated festival tent in the Bay Area Civic Center parking lot, from 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Admission and parking are free. If it is not possible to pick up your packet on Friday, October 12, registered participants may do so in the heated festival tent in the Bay Area Civic Center Parking lot on race day, Saturday, October 13, see the time schedule below.
Address for the Bay Area Civic Center is 320 4th Ave West Ashland, WI 54806 (map to the Bay Area Civic Center).
WhistleStop Pasta Feed
- 4:30-8 p.m. – Past Feed - All marathon & half-marathon registrants will receive a FREE ticket for their meal. Additional meal tickets will be available at the door or may be ordered in advance for Adults-$13.00; Children 4-12 years of age-$6.50; Children 3 & under-free
- 5-7 p.m. - Dinner & Conversational Music Performed by “Russ Darwin”
SATURDAY, October 13, 2018
Late Packet Pick-up in the heated festival tent in the Bay Area Civic Center parking lot – no registrations accepted on the Day of race
- 6-7:15 am.m for Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K/10K
- 6-7:30 a.m. for the Full and Half Marathon
Shuttle Bus Departure
(Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
- 6:15 a.m. for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30 a.m. sharp
- 6:30 a.m. for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 7:15 a.m. sharp
- 7 a.m. for Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:30 a.m. sharp
Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
- Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K and 10K - Begins at 8 a.m.
- Memorial Medical Center Full and Half – Marathon - Begins at 8:30 a.m.
Starts with the first finisher with recorded blues music.
Then starting at 9:30 a.m. there will be live music from a variety of local bands. Acoustic Relapse, Northland College Jazz Group, Ashland High School Jazz Band and Russ Darwin.
Awards Ceremonies - click here for more information on awards.
- Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K & 10K at 10:30 a.m. inside the the heated tent.
- Memorial Medical Center WhistleStop Marathon & Half-Marathon – at 3 p.m. in the heated tent.
Blues & Brews Fest: 7:30p.m. – 12:30 a.m. in the festival tent
(You must be 21 years of age or older to attend this event.)
- From 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. listen to the blues music of “Milk Bone” while sampling scores of microbrews.
- From 10 p.m.-12:30 a.m. To top off the night… “Sweet Siren” will take center stage.
Pre-purchased Tickets for the Blues and Brews Fest are $20.00 with the brew sampling and $25.00 at the door.
$15.00 without the pre-purchased brew sampling and $20.00 at the door.
You may purchase them by phone with your Visa or Master card at 1-800-284-9484 or tickets will be available at Packet pick-up on Friday night.
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions.