WhistleStop Marathon & Half Marathon
Below is information for the 2024 race. Registration is OPEN!!
NO FRIDAY NIGHT (October 11, 2024) REGISTRATION, so if you are thinking about participating register NOW!
Race Times Saturday, October 12, 2024
- WhistleStop Half-Marathon 8:30 AM
- WhistleStop Full Marathon 8:30 AM
- WhistleStop 5K and 10K Begins at 8 AM
Walkers are only allowed for the Half-Marathon/5K/10K but there is no walking division.
NO WALKERS allowed for the FULL MARATHON
2024 WhistleStop Marathon Registration Fees:
Full & Half Marathon
- $89 + 5.5% tax = $93.89 if postmarked by 04/26/24
- $99 + 5.5% tax = $104.44 if postmarked between 4/27/24-7/05/24
- $109 + 5.5% tax = $114.99 if postmarked after 7/05/24 until registration closes 10/04/24
2024 REGISTRATION CLOSES October 4, 2024, there will be NO FRIDAY OR RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Registrants who register online should receive a confirmation email of your registration from the online company ChronoTrack.
Included with the WhistleStop Marathon/Half-Marathon Registration:
- Complimentary (FREE) coupon for the Pasta Feed
- Complimentary Shuttle From Bay Area Civic Center to Start Line
- Custom Die-Cast Finishers Medal
- The Ultimate WhistleStop Finisher Shirt (sizes not guaranteed)
- Full service Aid Stations & finish line food
FRIDAY, October 11, 2024
- Packet Pick-Up – 12noon – 9pm in the heated festival tent, 320 4th Ave West, Ashland, WI 54806
SATURDAY, October 12, 2024
- Late Packet Pick-up – 6- 7am in the heated festival tent, 320 4th Ave West, Ashland, WI 54806
- Shuttle Bus Departure (Shuttle Buses from the finishline to the race starts are for RUNNERS only. These are not spectator buses.)
Buses will depart the Bay Area Civic Center at:
- 6:15am for the Half-Marathon Race with the last bus leaving at 7:30am
- 6:30am for the Full Marathon last bus leaving at 7:15am
- 7am for WhistleStop 5K & 10K Races with the last bus leaving at 7:15am from just North of the Associated Bank
Race Start Times – Please note the race start times.
- WhistleStop 5K and 10K Begins at 8am
- WhistleStop Half–Marathon Begins at 8:30am
- WhistleStop Marathon Begins at 8:30am
Entry fees are not refundable.
It is the primary goal of the WhistleStop Marathon to ensure a safe event for all involved. We will not expose participants or the community as a whole to undue risk as a result of staging our event. There may be times when we feel it is unsafe to continue with the race(s). While we recognize the aspirations and commitment of those that have entered the race(s), we will make decisions about the race(s) based on the participation population as a whole. Furthermore, if the community resources are threatened we will act to protect them from unnecessary stress.
Specifically, when pandemics, weather, or other physical conditions present a danger to participants as a whole, we maintain the right to cancel the race(s). Less threatening conditions could result in an alteration of the course or race length to promote a more safe result for the participants. These conditions will be recognized as “an act of God” and will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. The staging of a race of this magnitude results in substantial expense prior to the actual race itself. Thus, in the event of a forced cancellation of the event, it is very likely that the financial impact on the race would not be any different than if the race was held without compromise.
We will not defer registrants to 2025.
All participants in Marathon must be 16 years of age or older and all participants in the Half-Marathon must be 12 years of age or older.
There will be no transfer of numbers allowed.
No automobiles, bicycles, baby joggers, roller skies, inline skates, pets or unofficial participants will be allowed on the race course.
Finisher Shirts and Finisher Medals will be awarded to finishers of the WhistleStop Marathon & Half-Marathon within the 6 hour time clock.
We DO NOT allow walking the full marathon. You are welcome to walk the half marathon/5K/10K. All, Medical Personnel and Aid Stations are pulled from the course at 6 hours or 2:30pm, so there is no support on the course. You must be able to run a consistent 13-minute mile for the Full Marathon. Thanks so much for your understanding and cooperation!!
Walking the Half Marathon?
We do allow walking for the Half-Marathon. Walking the Half Marathon IS very doable and quite fun. Walkers are asked to use racer etiquette, this includes lining up after the runners at the start lines, to stay on the right hand side of the course and please, do not walk three or four abreast on the trail. Make sure you allow runners to pass on the trail.
Registrants will be allowed to switch to one of the other races if requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27. There will be no refunds issued when switching to the 5K or 10K and an additional cost if you transfer to a longer race. After September 27 thru October 4 race changes will cost an additional $10.00. NO race changes will be made after October 4th.
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.