2019 WhistleStop Event Guide. Inside you will find lots of race information and ads from our local businesses and restaurants to help you plan your weekend.
WhistleStop Marathon & Half Marathon
Race Date for the 2020 race October 10, 2020
Registration is now CLOSED! Check back in February 2020
Race Times Saturday, October 12, 2019
- WhistleStop Half-Marathon 8:30 a.m.
- WhistleStop Full Marathon 8:30 a.m.
- Cruisin’ the Corridor 5K and 10K Begins at 8:00 a.m.
*Half-Marathon allows walkers but there is no walking division.
WhistleStop Marathon Registration Fees 2019:
- $79.00 if postmarked between 5/02/19-09/28/19
- $89.00 if registered after 9/28/19
- $75.00 if postmarked between 5/02/19-9/28/19
- $89.00 if registered after 09/28/2019
- There is NO race day registration for the WhistleStop Marathon/Half-Marathon..
Registrants who mail in WhistleStop registrations will be confirmed by a confirmation email.
Registrants who register online should receive a confirmation email of your registration from the online company ChronoTrack.
Included with the WhistleStop Marathon/Half-Marathon Registration:
- FREE ticket to the Friday Night Pasta Feed
- Complimentary Shuttle From Bay Area Civic Center to Start Line
- Custom Die-Cast Finishers Medal
- The Ultimate WhistleStop Finisher Shirt (sizes not guaranteed)
- Full service Aid Stations
Entry fees are not refundable.
All participants in Marathon must be 16 years of age or older and all participants in the Half-Marathon must be 12 years of age or older.
There will be no transfer of numbers allowed.
No automobiles, bicycles, baby joggers, roller skies, inline skates, pets or unofficial participants will be allowed on the race course.
Finisher Shirts and Finisher Medals will be awarded to finishers of the WhistleStop Marathon & Half-Marathon within the 6 hour time clock.
Walking the Half Marathon?
We do not have a walking division for the WhistleStop Marathon or the Half-Marathon. The WhistleStop Marathon runs on a 6 hour clock. Walking the Full Marathon within a 6 hour clock is nearly impossible and is discouraged. Because of the 6 hour clock walking however the Half Marathon is very doable and quite fun.
Walkers are asked to use racer etiquette, this includes lining up after the runners at the start lines, to stay on the right hand side of the course and please, do not walk three or four abreast on the trail. Make sure you allow runners to pass on the trail.
Marathon registrants will be allowed to switch to the Half-Marathon if requested in writing or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 24. There will be no refunds issued when switching to the 5K or 10K. After September 24th thru October 8th race changes will cost an additional $10.00. NO race changes will be made after October 8th.
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.